Project Applications Engineer
Job TitleProject Applications Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Our company has an immediate need at our office for a Project Applications Engineer. The successful candidate will have experience working in the material handling industry. It is a plus that the candidate have the below qualifications:
- Completes the design of complex systems that integrate hardware and software.
- Completes Automated Guided Vehicle specification, system layout and installation drawings using AutoCAD, schematic preparation and appropriate follow-up.
- Completes recommendations for ideas related to productivity improvement, cost reduction and improvement in customer satisfaction.
- Performs complex technical interchange and knowledge transfer for both processes and application of products to system design.
- Performs a full range of standard work for the professional field.
- Refers complex, unusual problems to others.
- Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
- With the assigned Project Manager and Project Sales Person conduct the sales/project turnover meeting.
- With assigned Project Manager conduct the technical review meetings prior to key milestones, including creation of the Vehicle and System Specifications, creation of System Functional Specification (software), etc.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, and application engineering, develop, finalize and execute system commissioning plan.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, develop, finalize and execute the in-house testing and acceptance plan (if applicable) and final system acceptance test plan.
- Conduct in-house emulation testing, and validate system functionality and site readiness of emulated subsystems.
- Monitor and drive deliverables, internal and external.
- As may be required, assume the role of Site Project Manager.
- Become direct on site customer interface. Become liaison between company and other site contractors.
- Monitor project site progress against schedule
- Create engineering deliverables which may be required (drawings, etc.).
- Validate installed equipment against layouts and scope documentation/drawings.
- Provide daily progress reports to the Project Manager.
- Accountable for installation commissioning and engineering commissioning activities, per schedule.
- Validate system functionality against project scope requirements as subsystem commissioning is completed.
- Maintain overall system punch list and track completion of all items.
- Conduct System Acceptance Testing.
- Experience with controls hardware designs.
- Experience in ACAD 2008 environment is beneficial.
- Experience with AGVs is preferred
- Willingness to work weekends, overtime and travel up to 50% is to be expected.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in an Engineering field (preferably electrical or mechanical)
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities