Job TitleMACHINE OPERATOR
Employment TypeContract Associate
Trelleborg Wheel Systems Americas, Inc
Position: Tire Building Machine (TBM) Operator
Shift: 2nd / 3rd Openings
Pay and Hire Model: $14.50 per hour / Temp-to-Hire
Summary: Operates Tire Building Machines (TBM), stages 1 and 2 along with strip winder according to Standard Operating Procedures, production plans, preventative maintenance schedules and environmental health and safety standards. May assist with training new operators.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate Tire Building Machines to produce beads to specifications and the manufacturing production schedule, including stage 1, stage 2 and strip winding
- Troubleshoot common problems on production equipment.
- Perform routine and planned maintenance activities in accordance with SOP’s and PM requirements to minimize machine downtime and scrap.
- Properly record all reports and results daily – inventory, production, scrap, quality, etc.
- Accountable for the quality of green tires passed to Curing department
- Follow environmental, health and safety standards and procedures.
- Maintain housekeeping of defined equipment areas by adhering to the guidelines of the GMP / 5S and best practice systems.
- Communicate machine status and performance to the following shift team to ensure effective shift changeovers if applicable
- Able to correctly use and maintain all hand and inspection tools.
- Able to read and apply work instructions and product specifications, along with ability to properly complete record keeping duties.
- Strong sense of responsibility and attention to detail.
- Good communication and team work abilities
- Able to effectively use common production and inspection tools/gages
- Basic computer skills to input and track information
- Able to lift 30 to 50 lbs repeatedly
- Available to work assigned shift including overtime and weekends as necessary.
- High school diploma or GED required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required by all incumbents. Incumbents may perform other duties as deemed by the management.
** All candidates must submit to a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen prior to receiving an employment offer! **