Accounts Payable Clerk
Job CategoryAccounting & Finance
Job TitleAccounts Payable Clerk
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Temporary 3-6 month assignment
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
This position ensures the Accounts Payable function is efficiently and effectively performed. This includes, but is not limited to, thorough understanding of the basic functions of the Accounts Payable process and coordination with other staff supporting the Accounts Payable process.
- Process Accounts Payable
- Ensures proper coding of all invoicing
- Submit ACH, wire and procurement card vendor payments
- Submit initial requests and reconciliation of company credit cards
- File invoices
- Contacts vendors with any billing statement issues and/or questions
- Maintain vendor records
- Process Improvements
- Review and maintain 1099 vendor records
- Perform miscellaneous general accounting tasks and projects as assigned
- Assists the Corporate Controller and Financial Analyst in providing strong supportive relationships with Operations Management
- W-2 reprints
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Teamwork Orientation
Required Competencies for all MAU Staff
- Ethical Conduct
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma required
- 2-4 years Accounts Payable experience preferred
- Proficiency in Excel
- Customer Service background necessary
Preferred Education and Experience
- General accounting skills preferred
There are no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment or Working Conditions
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 4 hours
- Ability to sit for up to 4 hours
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.