Job CategoryAccounting & Finance
Job TitlePayroll Clerk
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Payroll Clerk with MAU in Newnan. As the Payroll Clerk, you will audit and correct payroll information and run reports to ensure complete payroll accuracy prior to transmission.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Payroll experience (preferred)
- Strong data-entry accuracy and reporting skills
- Basic math skills
- Strong organizational skills
- ADP experience
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Able to lift 10 lbs.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $18 to $20 per hour
- Great hours
- 1st shift
- On-the-job training
- Health benefits
- Opportunity for advancement
What You’ll Do As A Payroll Clerk:
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data
- Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Determine payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Payroll Clerk position.