Job CategoryAccounting & Finance
Job TitlePayroll Specialist
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
The Payroll Specialist provides administrative and operational support primarily for Payroll and other accounting-related functions within the corporate Finance department. The payroll specialist will be responsible for processing weekly and bi-weekly payroll for over 8,000 associates, creating SOPs to provide organizational efficiencies, driving departmental KPIs, performing various accounting functions, answering daily payroll questions, and providing excellent customer service.
- Serves as the primary resource for the weekly and bi-weekly processing of all associate payroll
- Understanding of the Pay/Bill process
- Understanding of how the Pay/Bill process interacts with Avionte
- Handles daily payroll with Branch personnel and associates
- Assists with general accounting duties
- Owner of departmental KPIs
- Creates standard operating procedures for payroll and essential back office functions
- Visits branches and key clients to drive payroll process improvements and efficiencies
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Detailed oriented
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
Required Competencies for all MAU Staff
- Ethical Conduct
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
Required Education and Experience
- Payroll Experience
- Experience with Avionte
- Accounting experience a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
Preferred Education and Experience
- Technical degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred
There are no direct supervisory responsibilities. The highest performers will be team players.
Career Path Progression from this position
Work Environment or Working Conditions
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 4 hours
- Ability to sit for up to 4 hours
This position requires up to 10% travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.