Job CategoryAccounting & Finance
Job TitleFinancial Specialist
Employment TypeProfessional Contract / Contract
Our client, a premier automotive company, is located in the upstate area of SC. This position is a long term renewable contract opportunity.
Responsible for processing all financial related activities for the Regional Group as assigned. Supports long-range planning, budgeting and forecasting processes for the respective businesses regionally for the department Performs analysis necessary to complete and report on the financial results. Processes data within defined processes efficiently & accurately.
- Serves as the first point of contact for Budget, Forecast, and Financial target discussions.
- Ensures that the forecasting data maintained in the Americas region and Central Controlling is in synch.
- Serves as the single point of contact for the Americas Region multi-million dollar operational and external contract budgets, reporting, auditing and tax regulations both domestically and internationally.
- Coordinates and monitors individual End User Devices Department’s annual budget financial planning and reporting by assisting in the annual budget planning for all applicable cost centers.
- Conducts monthly reviews with all regional Operations Managers and Department Manager ensuring that the latest information is reflected in departments monthly reporting.
- Acts as the primary liaison for the respective Operations Managers and Department Manager on all finance related topics.
- Reviews and interprets contract language to ensure that invoicing by the vendors is processed and documented accurately so the correct expenses are allocated to the correct legal entity. This includes: Xerox MFD Contract Prolongation, Monroney Printer Replacement Contract and Offnet Regional Telephony Contract.
- Performs cost and control reporting by monitoring spending, financial closing activities, analyzing variances and reviewing approved change points for spending.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to record transactions and prepare reports. Ensures that all entries are correctly coded and entered into respective financial systems. Investigates discrepancies to make appropriate adjustments.
- Maintains and reports monthly actual costs against budgets for department cost centers within Region.
- Performs other financial operational tasks such as creating, modifying and tracking required Global xBMs (pre PO approvals for FZ Groups) for the department. Also creates PO requisitions and tracks PO’s within all SAP systems within Americas region (i.e. IFT, MCP). Performs required Goods Receipts for all POs within Region. Processes all related invoices through SAP including verification, obtaining approvals and processing vendor inquiries.
- Manages changes, addendums, and updates or all contractual documents, collaborating with Purchasing and Legal when required. Interacts extensively with the Finance controllers in the Americas Region and internationally.
- Provides justifications for Investments/spending complete with ROI calculation including collaboration with domestic and international tax authorities as necessary.
- Researches, compiles, and analyzes data related to special projects.
- Self-initiatively performs improvement processes and projects for own as well as departmental related.
- Adheres to all Company international accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
- BA/BS Business, Finance or Accounting or equivalent.
- 7+ years in a financial/controlling/accounting role to include experiences in controlling, budgeting, reporting and project management.
- 7+ years of experience with SAP finance modules for a global environment.
- 7 + years of International Finance processes and tax regulations.
- 7+ years MS Office skills as proven through business application.
- Market leading pay with potential for annual salary increases
Long term assignments with opportunity for direct hire by client
401K, Medical, dental, vision, term life, short-term disability, and accidental loss
Paid time off and company paid holidays
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it's not just about your job - it's about your life, your family and your future.