Fixed Assets Accountant
Job CategoryAccounting & Finance
Job TitleFixed Assets Accountant
Employment TypeContract Associate
Fixed Assets Accountant
Jump-start your career with MAU in Greer, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Accountant, you will review and reconcile Sales Tax transactions to ensure payment of proper tax amount. You will also complete the capitalization process accurately and efficiently.
Our client, a premier automotive company, is located in the upstate area of SC. This is a long term renewable contract opportunity.
- Major Medical Coverage, including dental and vision
- 401k with Employer Matching
- Term life
- Short-term disability
- Accidental loss
- Uniform allowance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Market leading pay
- Opportunity for advancement
- Long-term assignment with opportunity for hire by client
- Bachelor’s degree or German equivalent in Finance, Accounting, or Business
- Intermediate experience with German language skills (preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience in Accounting, Sales Tax Processing Position, Lease Analysis and Fixed Assets
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Excel
- Analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Able to communicate professionally, respectfully and in a positive manner to all associates up to and including Senior Staff
- Complete Lease vs Buy Analysis as requested and consults with the associates on the correct process for all lease transactions including Capital Leases per IFRS 16 guidelines
- Maintain Lease database to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Report to supervisor the status of the monthly lease calculation and journal entry for IFRS 16
- Monthly reconciliation of all Lease accounts
- Monthly Sales Tax processing of all transactions according to SC Department of Revenue guidelines
- Reconciliation of Sales Tax payment requirements and review with Supervisor
- Complete monthly journal entries as required for Sales Tax processing
- Gather and Capitalize Fixed Asset information for Plant
- Review and reconcile data as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply