Job CategoryAdministrative & Clerical
Job TitleAdministrative Assistant
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Receptionist with MAU in Evans. A family owned and operated funeral home seeks to add a professional staff member to support their team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to assist in a professional setting with specialized services designed to meet the needs of each family.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associate’s degree and/or equivalent
- High attention to detail
- Two years administrative support in a professional setting
- Effective time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines while prioritizing multiple projects
- High level of business etiquette and professional phone manner
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficient with multiple-line telephone, voice mail, and tablet communications
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team oriented environment
- Flexibility to possibly work weekends
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be timely and have professional and friendly personality
- Professional dress code required (Black pants, shirts, dresses with coordinating white blouse, preferred black or white sweater; No sandals or casual footwear)
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $12 per hour
- Health benefits
- Great Hours (First Shift 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM)
- Opportunity for advancement (Temporary to permanent position)
What You’ll Do As A Receptionist:
- Answer incoming calls; directing calls in a timely, professional, friendly, and diplomatic manner
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel. Escorts visitors to areas of the facility as needed.
- Compiles and sorts documents such as invoices and checks, confirming business transactions.
- Contact the family of a deceased to clear arrangement questions
- Make all needed contacts based on the funeral arrangements such as communicating with cemetery, government agencies, newspapers, and vendors.
- Completes all service-associated forms and paperwork
- Communicates the requests of visitors to funeral directors, sales staff, or other appropriate staff members.
- Accepts and processes payments of accounts and payments received during daily arrangements from clients and issues receipts.
- Maintain files for insurance
- Reviews contracts for correctness and completeness prior to submitting to accounting. Prepares reports for accounting department as required.
- Collect, sort and route incoming and outgoing mail distribution
- Create general and personalized correspondence to internal staff
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Receptionist position.