Job CategoryAdministrative & Clerical
Job TitleProcurement Specialist
Employment TypeContract Associate
Expand your professional portfolio as a Procurement Specialist with our client in Augusta, GA. As the Procurement Specialist, you will analyze raw material demand for purchase and on-time delivery in a MRP environment to ensure accuracy and adherence to the established schedule and to identify potential improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required
- 3+ years of experience required with proven leadership ability
- Software Knowledge: SAP, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Analyze raw material demand for purchase and on-time delivery in a MRP environment to ensure accuracy and adherence to the established schedule and to identify potential improvements
- Track actual and potential supply and delivery to provide timely communications and analysis to management
- Assess supplier performance against predetermined goals by monitoring quality acceptance rates, delivery performance, and cost savings performance
- Communicate with vendors to obtain product, price, availability, and delivery information and Analyze domestic and international shipping forecasts to achieve optimal inventory levels
- Prepare material variance analyses and review cycle count results to make improvement recommendations
- Prepare reporting for MPS variances for team review to confirm material availability and schedule timing to production control
- Review and assign part change notices to other buyer/planners and place purchase orders to expedite materials to meet weekly production plans
- Responsible for daily completion of shortage report to provide accurate updates to operations and materials teams
- Prepare Sales Inventory Operations Plan (SIOP) and MPS change comparisons to identify potential constraints and trends
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply