Job CategoryAdministrative & Clerical
Job TitlePurchasing Assistant
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Purchasing Assistant with MAU in Conyers, GA. Join the team that has been a leading manufacturer of quality printing inks, coatings and plastic colorants since 1998. This company places special emphasis on technology, education and extensive support services to achieve customer satisfaction. As the Purchasing Assistant, you will support operations in a variety of ways that include purchasing duties, reporting activities, filing and distributing, and various other responsibilities.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience
- Basic math skills
- Experience or ability to learn SAP
- Basic computer skills and Microsoft Office experience
- Read, write, add, subtract, multiply and divide proficiently
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $15.00 - $18.25 per hour, depending on experience
- Health benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Great hours
- 1st shift, Monday - Friday 8 AM – 5 PM
- Conveniently located
- Training provided
What You’ll Do As A Purchasing Assistant:
- Follow purchasing procedures to purchase raw materials, supplies, and services as needed
- Process purchase receipts and filing of relevant documentation
- Assist in implementing inventory/order management practices including material requirements planning (MRP), min/max, safety stock, reorder points, etc.
- Arrange shipment of raw materials when required, including imports/exports and expedites as needed
- Request, receive, file, and distribute various purchasing documents, including SDS, COA, supplier notifications, and other documents
- Monitor and control inventory levels of supplies, such as cleaning and safety supplies
- Assist purchasing leader in general daily duties, including organization
- Assist in coordinating physical count inventories and reconciliation
- Attend purchasing meetings and maintain meeting minutes as needed
- Prepare data and reports as needed by purchasing or requested by management
- Coordinate with the purchasing leader and/or manager on assignment of all activities
- Assist other admin departments as needed for vacations, backup, and duty-sharing (accounting, customer service, etc)
- Perform other duties assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Purchasing Assistant position.