Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Carpenter with MAU in Greenville, SC. As the Carpenter, you will work from engineering drawings, specifications, and work order instructions to design, build, retrofit, maintain and repair various types of exhibit, trade show structures and their components.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year of carpenter experience
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- 2+ years of millwork experience (preferred)
- Strong background in trade show, retail display or architectural millwork fabrication & installation
- Experience working with a range of materials, to include plywood, MDF, laminate, aluminum extrusion systems and acrylic
- Ability to use various fabrication equipment, to include a table saws, routers, hand-tools, etc.
- Willingness to cross-train, learn and perform additional fabrication duties
- Critical thinking, planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Follow and give oral or written instructions, maintaining cooperative working relationships
- Ability to manage priorities, demands, and timelines
- Flexibility to work occasionally weekends, overtime, and out of town travel for occasional offsite installations
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $15 per hour
- Health benefits
- Great hours
- 1st shift
- Training available
What You’ll Do As A Carpenter:
- Work with a team of carpenters to construct assigned projects from start to completion
- Accurately interpret and work from plans and fabrication drawings
- Thoroughly review, understand and follow work order instructions, drawings, specifications and renderings specific to a projects scope
- Manage materials to ensure cost effectiveness and efficiency on project
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Carpenter position.