Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Job TitleShipping & Receiving Clerk
Employment TypeContract Associate
Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Start your new career as a Shipping & Receiving Clerk with MAU in Conyers, GA. Join the team that has been a leading manufacturer of quality printing inks, coatings and plastic colorants since 1998. This company places special emphasis on technology, education and extensive support services to achieve customer satisfaction. As the Shipping & Receiving Clerk, you will plan, organize, and control incoming raw materials and outgoing finished products.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience
- Basic math skills
- Mechanical aptitude and electrical inclination
- Demonstrated ability to work with hazardous chemicals
- Read, write, add, subtract, multiply and divide proficiently
- Ability to lift and move materials such as 55 lb. (25 kgs) packages and move full 55-gallon drums
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $15 - $18 per hour, depending on experience
- Health benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Great hours
- 1st shift, Monday - Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Conveniently located
- Training provided
What You’ll Do As A Shipping & Receiving Clerk:
- Load and unload of trucks, and overseeing others in doing these tasks as well
- Assist management in maintaining the safety, quality and efficiency of the Shipping and Receiving Department and warehouses
- Generate bills of lading, packing lists, and any label changes for outgoing shipments
- Maintain receiving reports, log books, waste manifests, carrier records and driver credentials, and other related records
- Conduct a Final inspection and verification of outgoing shipments for package condition, labeling, packaging style, order accuracy, and proper loading of trucks
- Ensure incoming inspection of all materials for damage/degradation, appropriate and accurate labeling, shipment accuracy against order/receiving documents, and contamination where possible
- Operate equipment within the department
- Review shipments to determine if any are missed, at a high risk of being missed, or late
- Notify customer service of these cases so that the customer can be contacted
- Maintain housekeeping and organization of warehouses
- Control maintenance requirements for shipping and receiving equipment including forklifts
- Management of inventory control for raw materials, intermediates, and finished goods
- Maintain accurate daily records of shipping and receiving, and participating in physical inventory counts
- Other related duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Shipping & Receiving Clerk position.