Job TitleForklift Operator
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Forklift Operator with MAU in Charleston, SC. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
- Prior warehouse experience preferred
- Basic Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience preferred (RedPrairie, etc.)
- Prior experience operating Radio Frequency (RF) equipment, i.e. scanners, etc preferred
- Must be able to stand, squat, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs continuously throughout the day
- Must be able to speak, read, and understand English in order to understand instructions and communicate with team members
- Must be able to stand for a majority of the time during the work day
- Must be able to lift, stack, and/or sort boxes up to 40 lbs on a regular basis
- Hearing is required in order to hear instructions, safety warnings, and equipment operations
- Vision is required in order to operate a RF keyboard and/or scanner, and to complete required data entry
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English language effectively
- Must be able to work in a team based environment
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $13.25 per hour
- Health benefits
What You’ll Do As A Forklift Operator:
- Operates order picker and forklift in and around warehouse
- Pulls product from the warehouse for shipment to the stores
- Wraps order on pallet for shipment
- Loads and unloads shipments, pallets, etc.
- Place shipments on racking systems
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Forklift Operator position.