LocationGoose Creek, SC
Job TitleTruck Driver
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Truck Driver with MAU at Pegasus Steel. As the Truck Driver, you will operate a truck while picking up, delivering, and loading material. Driver will be responsible for driving safely in compliance with state/federal laws, performing any needed daily maintenance and completing daily log of inspection and travel.
What We Are Looking For:
- 2+ years of previous truck driving with no speeding, accidents, or safety violations from previous employment and on personal vehicle; 3 years (preferred)
- Must have an acceptable driving record according to DOT regulations
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Must have a class B or A CDL license
- Ability to take oral direction
- Must be able to understand safety rules and regulations
- Ability to work in a team environment successfully
- Must be able to read and speak English
- Physical requirements:
- The specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Hearing protection
- Must be able to lift a of 50lbs. and maneuver 200lbs. without assistance
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $17 per hour
- pay increase to $20 per hour after full-time placement
- Health benefits
- Great hours
- Monday - Friday, 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
- Opportunity for advancement (90-day Temp-to-Hire)
What You’ll Do as A Truck Driver:
- Travel out of state for any needed training and deliveries
- Drive safely in compliance with all state and federal laws
- Perform daily maintenance checks on truck before operating
- Complete daily log on inspection, travel, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Truck Driver position.