Hardware DVT Engineer
Job CategoryElectrical Engineering
Job TitleHardware DVT Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Our client is a mature communications hardware manufacturer, providing serial and digital communications solutions across a wide array of computing platforms to customers since the 1986.
The company is seeking a hardware design validation and test (DVT) engineer to work on a variety of hardware development tasks that add value to our line of products. You will be involved with every aspect of the Hardware Development Life Cycle. We have many new design and next generation projects which will challenge you to apply your skills with the following technologies:
- Analog and Digital I/O
- Asynchronous and Synchronous serial communications
- USB bus
- PCI and PCIe bus
- Smart devices
- Act as Technical Project Lead for Hardware Design Validation Testing (DVT) of new products.
- Provides direction to Jr. Test staff as needed.
- Architect, plan, schedule, and execute test plans for all levels of product testing for embedded electronic systems.
- This includes engineering development products and customer development projects.
- Works collaboratively with Mechanical, Electrical, and Firmware design engineers along with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and react to changing priorities.
- Analyzes test data and publishes test reports.
- Interface with outside test houses/vendors to perform required testing. Negotiates test timing and pricing to meet program requirements.
- Manages test house deliverables as needed.
- Determines requirements for new product development programs to ensure customer requirements and internal best practices are met.
- Participates in strategic planning and definition of corporate test standards.
- Recommend, purchase, and implement equipment, instruments, data acquisition, etc., required for all levels of product testing including the design of test fixtures and testing instructions.
The ideal candidate will have experience in electronic hardware development.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or equivalent work experience in related field.
- Minimum of 2 years' directly applicable work experience.
- Must have hardware integration, test and debug experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written, oral and presentation skills.
- Experience managing budgets and schedules.
- Skills to fabricate, test and debug prototype designs.
- The ability to use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, function generators is required.
- Track record of driving improvement with quantified results.
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Relocation assistance
Opportunity for advancement
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities