Product Development Engineer
Job TitleProduct Development Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
The O-ring product development engineer is primarily responsible for the design and specification of products. Products are designed with cost, manufacturability, quality and performance in mind utilizing FNST, FST and NOK technology. In addition, the position is required to review and anticipate automotive industry trends, conduct meetings with current and potential customers to develop strong technical relationships to secure new business and position the O-ring business area as the industry leader in O-ring sealing capabilities.
- Conduct meetings with current and potential customers to develop strong relationships, present FNST product points of difference and secure new business
- Design products to meet-or-exceed demands of customers, applications and specifications
- Interact with manufacturing operation functions to optimize the cost, manufacturability, quality and performance of new products
- Develop, design and assist with process FMEA and promote advanced product quality planning and performance of new products
- Coordinate sample and prototype activities with the FNST sample section
- Design and perform validation testing of prototypes and development products, as required
- Investigate field failures with appropriate analysis
- Track, coordinate and maintain all activities relative to the assigned product responsibility
- Four year Technical Degree required.
- Minimum 4 years experience demonstrating the following.
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to work in a cross functional team environment
- Self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of direct supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to accept new work challenges as defined by the business
- Engineering with rubber
- Static and dynamic sealing principles.
- Engineering analysis methods and data interpretation.
- Knowledge and experience in CAE/CAD software is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Relocation assistance provided
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities