LocationSocial Circle, GA
Job TitleProcess Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
The Process Engineer is the plant’s subject matter expert as it relates to precision extrusion and support processes. This role is responsible for strategic and tactical planning to control the risks associated with new product development and industrialization. Leads analysis teams to identify the critical process parameters required to produce quality products, which meet or exceed product specifications. The position focuses on overall process management, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement projects, project engineering, and provides advanced technical support for production. The position is responsible for participating in process design, capability and control; including designing, selecting, accepting and developing processes for new production and automation equipment. Capital planning and project management are also key components. A collaborative leadership style and commitment to statistical process management are critical for the successful management of the WCM pillars to include but not limited to Quality and Process Control Pillar and the EPM (Early Product Management) program for the Innovation Pillar. This Process Engineer is a need for the ICON/Next Gen Siding business to improve our material usage to include cost, yield, scrap and other associated improvements.
Regular travel up to 30% will be required for training, projects assigned or participation on project teams.
Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS)
- Cultivates a "safety first" culture within the plant.
- Leads by example in the areas of 5S and EHS standards
- Be active in EHS teams
- Complete STOP, PATH or equivilent audits as required
Process Design and Management
World Class Manufacturing (WCM) and Early Product Management (EPM)
Professional Development and Leadership
- BS in Chemical Engineering or Plastics Engineering
- 3+ years of engineering experience, with a good understanding of material properties
- Established and proven Project Management Capability
- Project Management experience required
- Capital Projects experience required
- Demonstrated advanced quantitative analysis skills.
- Above average written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and with teams.
- Above average influencing and negotiation skills
- MS Office Work, Excel, Project
- AutoCAD helpful
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance
401K with company matching
Paid time off and company paid holidays
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it's not just about your job - it's about your life, your family and your future.