Mercedes-Benz Vans - Applications Engineer
Job TitleMercedes-Benz Vans - Applications Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Start your new career as an Applications Engineer with MAU. From passenger cars to commercial vans, the Mercedes-Benz brand stands as one of the Daimler Group’s many success stories. The Daimler Group consists of several companies with more than 280,000 employees worldwide who put into practice the core values of Passion, Respect, Integrity and Discipline each day. We believe it is our mission and our duty to shape the future of mobility in a safe and sustainable manner - with trendsetting technologies, outstanding products and made-to-measure services.
Here in North Charleston, SC, Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is writing an exciting chapter in Daimler’s history as we add the first U.S. van production plant for the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, in addition to our existing assembly operation for Sprinter and METRIS vans. Our slogan is "Vans. Born to Run." and we invite engaged, innovative job candidates to run the ramp up of our new facility with us!
What We Are Looking For:
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering, automotive technologies, electrical engineering, or relevant field; and 3+ years of experience in project management and for overall vehicle development.
- Alternatively automotive technician with 5 to 10 years automotive/commercial vehicle experience in Electrical & Electronic system and vehicle diagnosis.
- In depth knowledge and work experience of electronic/electric components and E/E topology.
- Experience in the field of telematics and digital networks (development, production or service).
- Practice in handling common calibration, vehicle adaptation, measurement and diagnostic tools (ETAS - INCA, Ecoute, Monaco, Xentry etc.), ideally knowledge of functional development, coding and application of engine and transmission controllers or other electronic modules.
- Experience with Daimler documentation and aftersales part documentation systems like Engineering Client, Dialog, ACM, WIS, EPC, CV Tek and VeDoc preferred.
- Capable of analyzing and creating electrical circuit diagrams and functional block diagrams.
- Strong understanding of CAN Bus communication and technology preferred, able to analyze K-Matrices and vehicle network topologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
What We Offer:
- Health insurance
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Opportunity for advancement
What You’ll Do As An Applications Engineer:
Responsible for the technical consultation of upfitters requests for the Sprinter and Metris for the North American market with a focus on E/E components and the Parametric Special Module (PSM).
- Contact person within Mercedes-Benz Vans for technical upfitter topics of model Sprinter & Metris for the North American market.
- Electrical engineering support and technical definition (vehicle specification) for large fleets and dealer sales force.
- Provide engineering and technical support to the upfitters (and product management) regarding questions, retrofit of options or van specifications for special applications.
- Responsible for technical support of electronic/electric components.
- Technical consultation and training of upfitter and strategic fleet accounts.
- Coordination and support of Body Builders and Special Equipment Manufacturers for new applications. Using in depth technical product knowledge to provide engineering recommendations to upfitters on current and future products and options.
- Support the audit and certification process of upfitters as defined in the upfitter program. Support engineering reviews of modified vehicles. Assess engineering and testing data of the upfitters.
- Evaluating the vehicles with upfitting and rework solutions. Monitor compliance certification.
- Support, coordinate and compile information and product updates and coordinate revisions to upfitter Information Book for the North American market.
- Coordination & technical support on PSM
- Program, test, coordinate and compile datasets. Review parameter sets, product updates and coordinate PSM revisions interfacing with upfitters, fleets and service departments.
- Create and test solutions using large fleet specifications.
- Coordinate testing and examination requirements internally and with the upfitter in order to manage upfitter impact studies (UIS).
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Administrative Assistant position.