Job TitleProcess Engineer
Employment TypeContract Associate
Expand your professional portfolio as a Process Engineer in Raleigh, NC. As the Process Engineer, you will support the safe, efficient commissioning and start-up of multiple projects in a regional, multi-state area with heavy travel required in the region. This is a long-term contract opportunity.
- Health Benefits
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Long term contract opportunity
- Opportunity for advancement
- Able to travel domestically up to 80% of the time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical/Controls focus
- 3+ years Engineering or Operations experience
- Experience in operating or commissioning & start-up of industrial process equipment
- Field construction and commissioning and start-up experience (preferred)
- Ability to read P&ID’s, isometrics, interpret design curves of field machinery and function testing and validation of field equipment
- Basic knowledge of PLCs, control system basics, ladder logic & functional block programming
- Experience with process equipment including – material handling (conveyors, screws, etc.), pumps, fans, and other mechanical equipment
- Possess strong leadership skills to drive both internal and external teams to their highest performance
- Ability to understand and the desire to learn a wide array of plant disciplines including electrical, piping, controls, instrumentation, systems
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio)
- Responsible for construction completion verification, commissioning, start-up & testing, and operational ramp of new process equipment at greenfield and brownfield sites
- Integrate into stakeholder organizations, improve cohesiveness of cross functional team – construction, operations, commissioning, engineering
- Assist in verifying mechanical and electrical readiness prior to commencing commissioning process – construction walkdowns, PSSRs, drawing reviews, & consulting with process equipment subject matter experts
- Assist in commissioning strategy, timeline development, and coordination of resources involved
- Provide QA/QC support for commissioning tasks such as I/O checkout of instrumentation, alignment, lubrication, fan balancing, etc.
- Serve as a technical leader and contributing member during controls functionality verification against pre-developed Sequence of Operations / Control Narrative documents
- Provide process engineering support during initial start-up and debugging of process equipment
- Track and investigate equipment and process issues and propose technical solutions leveraging data analysis and internal subject matter expertise
- Track issues and lessons learned during entire commissioning and start-up process
- Assist in development of standardized systems, processes, and tools leveraged for commissioning and ramp of projects of varying sizes
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply