Robert Bosch, LLC - Manufacturing Engineer, Component Assembly
Job TitleRobert Bosch, LLC - Manufacturing Engineer, Component Assembly
Employment TypeDirect Placement
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. The company employs approximately 375,000 associates worldwide (as of Dec. 31, 2015) and generated sales of $78.3 billion in 2015.
Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology.
The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 440 subsidiaries and regional companies in some 60 countries. If its sales and service partners are included, then Bosch is represented in roughly 150 countries. This worldwide development, manufacturing and sales network is
the foundation for further growth.
In 2015, the Bosch Group invested some $7.5 billion in research and development, and operated 118 engineering sites worldwide. The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to deliver innovations for a connected life. Bosch improves quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is “Invented for life.”
At the Charleston, SC facility, the Bosch plant has manufactured high quality automotive products for more than 40 years. With a history steeped in innovation, the plant specializes in advanced products, such as antilock braking systems, gasoline fuel injectors, and diesel fuel injectors. We pride ourselves as a non-union plant and promote a team oriented environment. The facility is equipped with state of the art automated production equipment and technology.
Manufacturing Engineer - ESP Component Assembly
The Manufacturing Engineer supports production including problem solving and maintenance of all process documentation. This position involves close interaction with different engineering disciplines and hourly functions. Ability to work in a team environment is a must. Applicant must be comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic work environment. A strong commitment to continuous improvement and Root Cause Corrective Action is required.
- Responsible for many aspects of the Assembly Process including Tooling, written instructions and Process Documentation, Control plans and PFMEA.
- Work with Lead Plant and Assembly Area personnel to maintain and Improve OEE.
- Maintain/complete all required Manufacturing Engineering documentation
- Maintain configuration control of all operation sheets on the production floor releasing all changes within 30 days
- Attend daily production meetings
- Promote a safe work environment
- Provide support on Continuous improvement projects.
- Production Support
- Lead troubleshooting of product and support equipment as needed.
- Provide training for hourly employees on assigned tasks and projects
- Coordinate schedules and work required by associates to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Resolve production stoppages in a timely manner to minimize impact on production
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly dynamic organization.
- Good interpersonal project management skills.
- Ability to clearly summarize and recommend alternative ideas addressing complex issues.
- Highly organized self-starter and use good judgment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Technical detail-oriented.
- BS in Engineering with equivalent experience
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
**In order to be considered for this position, please apply directly to the Bosch website using the following link -http://www.bosch.com/en/com/career/apply/apply-now.html. Navigate to positions in the USA, then sort the list of positions by City to find all positions posted for Charleston, SC.**