Job TitleCAD Designer/Drafter
Employment TypeContract Associate
Expand your professional portfolio as a CAD Designer/Drafter with MAU in Augusta, GA. As the CAD Designer/Drafter, you will be working with our expert engineering teams to create a variety of technical drawings and digital models and will be able to contribute to the design process as well.
- Competitive pay
- Health Benefits
- Great hours
- 1st shift
- Short-term assignment
- Associate degree in drafting
- Proficient with AutoCAD 2D and 3D, Sketchup, Vectorworks, FastCad, or other
- Experience with mechanical manufacturing process (preferred)
- Professional certification in mechanical drafting (preferred)
- Excellent technical communication skills with engineers and manufacturing personnel
- Strong attention to detail and mathematical abilities
- Able to work within strict deadlines
- Create technical drawings, manufacturing schematics, and 2D and 3D digital models of mechanical equipment designs, using measurements, specifications and additional data from engineering team
- Collect initial drawings, calculations and design ideas from engineers, and combine all relevant data into coherent and complete initial design models for review and modification
- Coordinate directly with engineers and project managers to understand project requirements, verify design details and recommend modifications as needed according to company standards and best practices
- Annotate and verify all numerical designations and specifications in technical drawings and schematics, using both CAD programs and manual calculations when necessary
- Communicate with manufacturing personnel to create detailed layouts prior to production, and assist in designing, creating and testing production molds
- Provide support to engineering team as needed by creating technical drawings and digital models within deadlines and utilizing multiple methods to ensure deliverables include all relevant design details
- Assist in ongoing project to standardize and unify design document standards by participating in meetings and preparing presentation materials as necessary
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply