LocationGoose Creek, SC
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Jr. Draftsman with MAU at Pegasus Steel in Ladson, SC. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum one year of nesting experience preferred. Sigmanest or ProNest software is a preferred plus.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to have a good understanding of CAD system and the capabilities to quickly learn Pegasus Steel’s preferred software. Minimum of one year of experience.
- Minimum of one year of Drafting experience, which preferably includes the following: Inventor or SolidWorks a plus
- Must have a thorough knowledge of metric system and descriptive geometry
- Must have working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Must be able to read blue prints
What You Will Do:
- Develop nestings in 3D layouts utilizing preferred software.
- Generate production changes to electronic data (flash sticks), released drawings and estimate production timeline for each process.
- Calculates figures to convert design dimensions to resizing dimensions specified for subsequent production processes.
- Supports Management Team meetings.
What We Offer:
- Pay starting at 18/hr
- Opportunity for full time placement after 90 day temp to hire period
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and life
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the Jr. Draftsman position.