Job CategoryGeneral Labor
Job TitleMaintenance Technician
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career with MAU as a Maintenance Technician Assistant at GIW Industries, in Thomson, GA - a leading global provider of mineral processing and slurry pump solutions. Our jobs at GIW are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential for entry-level workers. As a Maintenance Technician you will clean, paint, fabricate, and perform building maintenance in support of service center operations.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $16.00 - $18.00 per hour based on experience
- Straight shifts
- Conveniently located in Grovetown, GA
- Health benefits
What We Are Looking For:
- 2 year technical degree in industrial maintenance or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 2+ years industrial maintenance experience
- Must have the ability to:
- Work at elevations
- Lift 50 to 60 pounds
- Work outside and at hot and cold temperature extremes
- Wear a respirator fitted to perform cleaning and painting duties
- Ability to perform basic machining operations such as threading, drilling, tapping, and grinding
What You’ll Do as a Maintenance Technician:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of plant safety policies and procedures and perform all work according to policies and procedures
- Understand plant environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to performance of daily duties
- Maintain high standards of quality and workmanship in performance of all duties
- Diagnose and repair general plumbing and electrical faults
- Perform preventive maintenance on and inspection of service center equipment according to documented procedures and methods
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions and perform routine maintenance on building structures and fixtures
- Perform general demolition and carpentry work to service center building structures
- Operate man lift to perform routine maintenance as well as pressure washing and painting of building structures both inside and outside
- Layout, fitting, and installation of screwed or welded piping components and systems
- Plan material requirements, layout, and fabricate tools, components or other assemblies per drawings or per functional requirements using common materials including metals, plastics, etc. and common methods including welding, bolting, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Service Shop Manager
All Applicants must submit to Work Keys assessment, background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the MAU at GIW Maintenance Technician.