Human Resources Manager
Job CategoryHuman Resources
Job TitleHuman Resources Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional portfolio as the HR Manager with Enviva in Garysburg, NC. As the HR Manager, you will be responsible for will implementing and managing all human resource policies, labor and employee relations, benefits administration, regulatory compliance, performance management and compensation review.
Since 2004, Enviva has been developing a cleaner energy alternative to fossil fuels. Now, Enviva is the largest producer of wood pellets in the world. With seven operating plants in the southeastern United States, Enviva produces over 3 million metric tons of wood pellets annually that are used in power plants in the United Kingdom and Europe that once were fueled by coal. By switching to Enviva’s wood pellets, these power plants have reduced their lifetime carbon footprint by about 80 percent.
Enviva makes their wood pellets through sustainable practices that protects Southern forests and by employing over around 700 people in the rural South. Enviva’s goal is to help lower emissions, sustain healthy forests and strong communities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field of study
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years of work experience in Human Resources
- Work experience in a manufacturing or similar environment preferred (rapid and complex)
- PHR or SHRM-CP (preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the business
- Working knowledge of non-exempt and exempt workforce
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Exercise good judgement with respect to keeping confidential information
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to write reports
- Working knowledge of basic employment laws
- Proven experience resolving associate relations issues
- Comfortable with a high-volume workload and not afraid to be "boots on the ground."
- Able to effectively function as the sole Human Capital representative at the site-level
- Provide hands-on leadership to build and maintain contemporary human resources practices, processes and systems in support of the Company’s overall competitiveness
- Monitor the "pulse" of our associates to ensure a high level of engagement
- Implement employee relations strategies designed to create an environment that drives engagement
- Investigate associate relations issues, recommend and execute corrective actions
- Manage site-level leaves of absence including family medical leave and short-term disability
- Partner with the site operations team, focusing on solutions and strong deliverables that drive our key performance indicators
- Participate as an integral member of the site’s leadership team, providing advice, coaching and leadership on all matters involving human capital
- Partner with managers to drive performance management and talent development processes.
Ensure appropriate and consistent application of policies and procedures
- Source, select, onboard and retain associates
- Manage day-to-day and higher value Human Capital tasks
- Partner with Community Relations Manager to build a strong community presence
- Participate in special projects and other Human Capital initiatives needed to meet overall Company, plant, and department objectives
- Maintain key Human Capital metrics through reporting
Please submit resumes to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage. MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today. Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening. This position does not offer sponsorship Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply