Recruiting Specialist (Contract)
Job CategoryHuman Resources
Job TitleRecruiting Specialist (Contract)
Employment TypeProfessional Contract / Contract
The Recruiting Specialist is responsible for full life-cycle recruiting: sourcing, screening, testing, interviewing, and recommending placement of staff by using creative sourcing methods. The Recruiting Specialist must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques, must understand the duties of all functions in the company as well as an extensive knowledge of HR policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment. This position also assists other team members in HR with benefits administration, employee onboarding and training, policy implementation, employee relations, and employment law compliance.
- Partner with hiring managers to determine staffing needs.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies for open requisitions. Uses various sourcing methods, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community networking, and social media.
- Coordinate candidate testing, reference checks, background checks, and drug screens.
- Complete a weekly report on employment activity.
- Manage employee referral program.
- Serve as liaison with employment agencies, colleges, and community organizations to ensure hiring needs are met.
- Complete unemployment claims and provides company representation at unemployment hearings.
- Learn team member responsibilities, cross train with team, and support other HR functions as needed.
- Manage candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Maintains memberships and affiliations with trade/professional organizations related to the industry.
- Promote the Company’s Mission and Values, including an accountable, innovative, and results-oriented culture that promotes customer service, openness, teamwork, mutual trust, and respect.
- Seek formal and informal performance assessments, including performance versus expectations and goals, behaviors, and leadership potential.
- Actively participate in required training, development programs, and electives as suits one’s needs, and support colleagues, trainers, and management as appropriate with these efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in human resources or business and three to five years of HR experience with a primary focus on recruiting.
- Use the equipment and software required to accomplish the responsibilities of this position.
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills with highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Develop and deliver on assigned objectives within requested timeframes.
- Build, develop, motivate, and engage highly performing teams and work cross-functionally.
- Possess good interpersonal skills.
- Engage others in a positive manner.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Possess strong verbal and communication skills.
- Be willing to raise issues and concerns promptly.
- Document and present work in a clear and concise manner.
- Work independently with minimal direction and oversight.
- Possess knowledge of the computers and software required to accomplish the Responsibilities of the job.
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Competitive pay based on experience
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it's not just about your job - it's about your life, your family and your future.