Human Resources Site Leader
Job CategoryHuman Resources
Job TitleHuman Resources Site Leader
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Provides managerial and administrative direction to the plant management and supervisory staff on matters concerning human resources, i.e., human resource policy, compensation benefits, training, safety, medical, loss control, and community relations activities. Provide assistance, education, and support to maintain the Quality Plan and Environmental Management System registrations and upgrades. Commit the full support of the Human Resource Department to the achievement of all annual organizational goals. Position includes managerial responsibility for three exempt professionals and one non-exempt salaried personnel.
- Perform duties in accordance with the company Code of Conduct, applicable laws, regulations, and company regulations relative to the duties of the position.
- Monitor safety performance and provide guidance for improvement.
- Manage the facility's manpower and recruiting activities to identify needs, establish requirements, and coordinate the selection of viable candidates in accordance with the organization's mission and business goals.
- Provide Human Resources Department services to subsidiary in accordance with the Administrative Service, Support and Corporate Finance Agreement.
- Ensure the Human Resources Department meets the standards necessary to maintain the Quality and Environmental Systems registrations.
- Administer the facility's wage, benefits, and other compensation programs in order to ensure that company will remain competitive in the marketplace.
- Actively network with colleagues in the workplace. Maintain a high visibility and involvement in the daily work life of colleagues
- Support the SAP effort of the organization.
- Provide managerial direction and coordinate the activities of the Manager, Training and Organizational Development and/or Human Resources Generalist to provide colleague training for operators, maintenance technicians, and facilitators as a first priority followed by technical and administrative colleague training by determining the needs, developing appropriate programs to address the needs, and implementing these programs. Maintain personnel records of all training received.
- Provide counsel and direction to managers and supervisors to provide fair and consistent administration of personnel policies and colleague relations procedures.
- Develop and administer formal and informal communications program to provide for an effective two-way flow of information throughout all levels.
- Provide plant leadership for the administration of the on-going performance management areas such as Description of Responsibilities, performance appraisal monitoring and counseling, MBO's, and development plans for key potentials.
- Manage the activities and provide professional growth through project assignment responsibilities to the human resource staff.
- Provide job enrichment to help retain crucial exempt personnel in a low career growth environment.
- Maintain and administer the personnel data system and colleague records for colleagues. Provide periodic reports of key human resource data, as necessary, to mangers and facilitators.
- Monitor the management of the plant's administrative functions of food service, site security and uniform program.
- Develop and administer operating budget for Human Resources Department.
- Evaluate the need for, plan, and implement special events and colleague activities as required.
- Provide leadership, counsel, and audit of hiring practices, promotional policies and application of plant personnel practices to ensure organizational diversity objectives.
- Serve as principal liaison with community civic and business organizations and contacts with the aim to foster a positive corporate image for the company.
- Provide union avoidance educational input and maintain union-free status.
BS/BA Degree in Human Resources Development, Business Management or Industrial Relations.
Minimum 5 years experience as Director/Manager HR or 5-7 years related management experience in Labor Relations, Organization Development & Training or HR Generalist.
Professional Certification as a PHR,SPHR, or SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP desirable.
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Opportunity for advancement
- Paid relocation
- Competitive pay based on experience
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it's not just about your job - it's about your life, your family and your future.