Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as an Assembler with MAU in Conyers, GA. Our jobs are opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- Ability to work weekends and overtime as needed
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts: 6am – 6pm or 6pm – 6am; 3-4 days a week
- This is an entry level position, no experience required.
- Ability to move freely throughout the facility without physical limitation, and capacity to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., and have the ability to stand and move, bend, stoop and reach.
- Able to work in a fast paced, high volume environment, and have a strong attention to detail.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $9.00 - $9.50 per hour
- Health benefits
- Employee Recognition Award with $250 prize
- No rotating shifts
What You’ll Do As An Assembler:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Assembler position.