Job TitleMaterial Handler
Employment TypeContract Associate
Distribution Center Associate Lead
Company located in Conyers, GA. Is currently looking for a Distribution Center Associate Lead, responsible for performing several cross-functional warehouse activities in accordance with established guidelines and procedures, loading, unloading, picking, packing and shipping of customer orders. Also responsible for operating a forklift or other material handling equipment. This personnel is also accountable for all general warehouse daily duties, providing supervision and direction to the team, filling any position on the line or in the chain or shipping/receiving responsibilities as needed for coverage to ensure workflow is maintained.
What We Are Looking For:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Basic knowledge of use and operations of material handling equipment, with the ability to maintain annual certification requirements
- Possess a Class A Forklift Certification
- Proficient operating all types of lifts
- Requires 2-3 years prior experience as Distribution Associate or equivalent experience in a warehouse environment
- Basic knowledge of simple math concepts
- Ability to multitask, set and manage priorities based on management and customer requirement
What We Offer:
- Health Insurance
- Starting pay of $13.00/hr
- Employee Recognition Award with a $250 prize
- Training and Development-Focused
- Transparent and Open Communication
What You’ll Do:
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment; strong attention to detail
- Some duties will require a class A forklift certification and be proficient on all types of lifts used within the facility
- Ability to use narrow aisle material handling equipment on which the operator may ascend to a level of twenty (20) feet to pick or stock inventory, depending on facility assigned
- Ability to handle 20 - 70 lbs.
- Work is performed in a general manufacturing environment
- Seasonal temperatures may be extreme at times including excessive heat or cold
- Work area is often dusty and dirty due to the concrete materials required for production
MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it's not just about your job - it's about your life, your family, and your future.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening
Disclaimer: Proceeding description not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the Distribution Center Associate position.