Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Weaver with MAU at Milliken Valway in LaGrange GA. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Previous Weaving experience
- Must have Warehouse knowledge
- Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shift, including some weekends
- Ability to follow company policies and procedures
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to push, pull, and bend
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- Health benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- This is a Temp-to-Hire position
What You’ll Do As A Weaver:
- Identify the correct yarn and ensure AF, MR and Lot numbers used in the fabric are entered clearly and accurately.
- Operate the loom in line with training to ensure correct procedures are adhered to such as, quality requirements.
- General weaving
- Roll Doffing
- Operate looms as required by the Shift Lead/Technician.
- Adopt a "clean as you go" attitude
- Use correct cleaning methods, such as cloths, cleaning agents etc. as instructed
- Inform the supervisor if you have any doubts about the quality of the fabric you are producing.
- Inform the supervisor if there are any breakdowns on the loom.
- Repairing filling and warp stops.
- Creel or tie-in fillings and inspecting fillings when case is allocated to the machine.
- Replacing Catch Selvage Spool and Leno Spools.
- Identifying S & Z problems in Belting Styles.
- Procedure for Straps and Springs on Catch Selvage Bobbins.
Undertake any other activities that the Company may reasonably request
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Weaver position.