Job TitleMachine Operator
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Machine Operator with MAU at IMC-Metals America. Join the team that has been recognized worldwide in the copper anode and copper rod production industry. As the Machine Operator, you will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining a continuous casting line to include various quality checks.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma/GED (preferred)
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Ability to work 12 hours rotating shifts
- 7 AM to 7 PM or 7PM to 7 AM
- Must be able to work in a non-climate-controlled environment
- Ability to stand for the entire shift
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $13 per hour
- Health benefits
- Paid training
- Opportunity for cross training
- Opportunity for advancement
- Temp-to-Hire position
What You’ll Do As A Machine Operator:
- Be responsible for line operation and minor repair of equipment
- Be responsible for paperwork such as lot tracking, loading log, quality checks, etc.
- Be responsible for properly loading furnace
- Monitor temperature and replace thermocouples as needed
- Be responsible for safe operation of the equipment and work area including cleanliness and orderliness
- Diagnose operating and machinery problems and make adjustments and corrections as necessary
- Operate controls for furnace and casting line
- Operate lift truck on a regular basis
- Operate crane
- Perform quality checks per metals process manual
- Perform other duties as assigned
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Machine Operator position.