Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career with MAU in North Charleston, SC as a Technician. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
• High School Diploma or GED
• 5 years of industrial experience or completion of a mechanical apprenticeship program
• Familiarity with Metric system and tight tolerances (0.01mm)
• Ability to troubleshoot/repair/improve tooling and machine set-ups.
• Requires a demonstrated knowledge of BEHR Production Systems such as work instructions, preventative maintenance, OEE etc.
• Ability to multi-task and work with little to no supervision.
• Personal computer skills in MS Office and previous experience in heat exchanger manufacturing processes is preferred.
• PLC/Electrical knowledge is preferred.
What You’ll Do As A Technician:
• Take an active part in problem solving, debugging and improving of product equipment/tooling.
• Train manufacturing associates in proper handling of precise tooling and high value equipment.
• Perform PM routine, troubleshoot, repair, rebuild and align tooling as required and record data.
• Estimate time for repair and create report of fault with recommendation for improvement.
• Work with manuals, blue prints and supply catalogues with a minimum of direction.
• Work with digital calipers, micrometers and indicators.
• Change over, set-up and operate machinery in core build area; clean and inspect tooling.
• Initiate work orders into the maintenance system.
• Maintain a safe, clean work area and follow all established safety guidelines.
• Maintain spare part availability and set up required parts in tool crib. Order supplies through P.O. system and follows up on delivery.
• Continuously improve work process, changeovers, and workplace and work methods.
• Service will include estimating time for repair and a report of fault and/or machine condition with a recommendation for improvement.
• Responsible for quality of own work.
• Initiate Factory Work Orders into the Preventative Maintenance System.
• Must be flexible to work overtime and any shift as required.
What We Offer:
Life & Retirement Plans
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to read and interpret metal rule.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must be able to lift, push, pull up to 40-50lbs continuously. Stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or control. Must wear Personal Protective Equipment. Understand and comply with work directions and discriminate amongst various potential safety hazards. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: Proceeding description not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the Set-Up Technician.