LocationCharleston , SC
Job TitleForklift Operator
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career with MAU at South Carolina State Ports Authority in Charleston, SC. One of South Carolina’s Leading Company! As a Forklift Operator, you will operate container handling equipment on Authority property to facilitate container yard, rail and/or vessel operations.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Forklift experience
- Must have valid SC Driver’s License
- Ability to work in non-climate control environment.
- TWIC card
- Ability to bend, lift heavy equipment, climb two story rail cars
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Excellent attendance
- Ability to work flexible schedules
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $16 per hour
- Great hours
- 1st shift, Mon - Fri 7 AM - 5 PM
- Health Benefits
- Reward Programs
- Opportunity for advancement
- Great Work Environment
What You’ll Do as a Forklift Operator:
- Locate and handle chassis and containers as directed to facilitate safe operations, utilizing effective yard management strategy
- Operate forklift equipment to transport materials between loading, processing, and storage areas
- Inspect and report condition of container handling equipment for safety and maintenance
- Develop and improve operating skills in container handling equipment in production environment with little or no supervision
- Fuel equipment when required/directed
- Other duties as assigned
All Applicants must submit to a background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the Forklift Operator.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities encouraged to apply.