Job TitleMaterial Handler
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Material Handler with MAU at our client in Charleston, SC. As the Material Handler, you will operate forklift and move materials throughout the warehouse.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma
- Previous forklift experience
- 1+ years of experience in a warehouse; experience in operating material handling equipment (preferred)
- Follow instructions and work independently with little guidance
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs., physically able to move product and perform tasks that may require prolonged standing
- Must be a team player who is flexible with the daily duties in a fast-paced team environment
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $14 per hour
- Health benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Great Hours
- 10:30 AM – 7:00 PM
- 6:00 AM – 6:30 PM
- Overtime available
- On-the-job training
- Opportunity for advancement
What You’ll Do As A Material Handler:
- Load and unload incoming and outgoing materials and products
- Operate forklifts to move materials
- Prepare product for shipment by placing boxes in the correct pattern on pallet, as required by the customer
- Visually inspect for quality non-conformances (i.e. improperly placed boxes on pallet, damage to the box, etc.) and make proper adjustments before shrink-wrapping the palletized load
- Maintain safe and clean working areas in the warehouse
- Adhere to all warehouse safety rules, quality standards and processes
- Review and sign-off on all applicable procedures
- Cross-train on other warehouse functions, if needed
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Material Handler position.