Employment TypeDirect Placement
Start your new career with MAU at MAHLE-BEHR in North Charleston, SC as a Technician. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family, and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5 years of industrial experience or completion of a mechanical apprenticeship program.
- Familiarity with Metric system and tight tolerances (0.01mm)
- Ability to troubleshoot/repair/improve tooling and machine set-ups.
- Requires a demonstrated knowledge of BEHR Production Systems such as work instructions, preventative maintenance, OEE etc.
- Ability to multi-task and work with little to no supervision.
- Personal computer skills in MS Office and previous experience in heat exchanger manufacturing processes is preferred.
- PLC/Electrical knowledge is preferred.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 40-50lbs continuously.
- Ability to work overtime and any shifts as required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure.
What We Offer:
- Three weeks of paid vacation.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Company paid life insurance.
- Short and long-term disability coverage.
- Education assistance program.
- Performance-based bonus.
- Shift differentials.
- Retirement Plans.
What You’ll Do as a Technician:
- Take an active part in problem-solving, debugging and improving product equipment/tooling.
- Train manufacturing associates in the proper handling of precise tooling and high-value equipment.
- Perform PM routine, troubleshoot, repair, rebuild and align tooling as required and record data.
- Estimate time for repair and create reports of the fault with recommendations for improvement.
- Work with manuals, blueprints and supply catalogs with a minimum of direction.
- Work with digital calipers, micrometers, and indicators.
- Change over, set-up and operate machinery in core build area; clean and inspect tooling.
- Initiate work orders into the maintenance system.
- Maintain spare part availability and set up required parts in the tool crib. Order supplies through P.O. system and follows up on delivery.
- Continuously improve work process, changeovers, and workplace and work methods.
- Service will include estimating time for repair and a report of fault and/or machine condition with a recommendation for improvement.
- Responsible for quality of own work.
- Initiate Factory Work Orders into the Preventative Maintenance System.
MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family, and your future.
All Applicants must submit to a background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the Technician position.