Employment TypeDirect Placement
Start your new career with MAU at Mahle-Behr in North Charleston, SC. The Welder will use specialized MIG/TIG welding techniques to carry out processes and procedures. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Welding certification and/or TIG/MIG welding work experience required
- Must pass welder qualification tests per AWS D1.2
- Thorough knowledge of welding processes and procedures
- Meet all Level 3 training requirements
- Experience interpreting blueprints, operator instructions, and process documentation.
- Demonstrates basic math and reading comprehension skill
- High attention to detail
What We Offer:
- Three weeks of paid vacation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Education assistance program
- Performance-based bonus
- Starting pay of $19.15 and shift differential
What You'll Do As A Welder:
- Perform MIG/TIG welding operations
- Follow detailed weld repair procedures
- Carry out all set-up of welding equipment
- Read and follow all process documentation and operator instructions
- Meet all productivity and quality standards
- Must be flexible to work overtime and any shift as required
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 40-50lbs continuously
- Stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or control
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment
- Understand and comply with work directions and discriminate amongst various potential safety hazards
All Applicants must submit to a background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the Welder position.