Job TitleProduction Operator
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Production Operator with MAU at Mermet Corporation in Cowpens, SC. As the Production Operator, you will be responsible for starting, stopping, cleaning and maintaining the coating line operation to ensure the quality coated yarn is produced.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED (preferred)
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts
- 7 AM to 7 PM or 7 PM to 7 AM
- Manufacturing experience, in textile (preferred)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $13.50 to $15.50 per hour, depending on shift
- Health benefits
- Overtime availability
- Training provided
- Reward programs
- Paid holidays
What You’ll Do As A Production Operator:
- Thread and maintain yarn path in good operating condition
- Maintain loaded Creek rack in Creel room
- Transfer dunnage (pallet components) from stock to staging area in Creel room
- Prepare and perform color Change-overs by cleaning parts
- Assemble and dissemble coatings table and prepare for wash
- Monitor Plastisol flow (filter, pumps, plastisol levels)
- Clean individual dyes and rethread as needed to maintain running coatings table
- Disengage full bobbins on winder and prepare for removal by Creel Inspector
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Production Operator position.