Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as an Assembler with MAU at Jankel in Greenville, SC. Join the team that specializes in protection systems. While working at Jankel, you will help produce armored vehicles, light tactical vehicles, counter terrorism vehicles and equipment, and customized occupant survivability solutions for military, security, government, aid agencies and NGOs throughout the world.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Trade school/Vocational certificate(s) (preferred)
- 3+ years of manufacturing and/or automotive body shop experience required
- Ability to complete work in PPE (gloves, safety glasses, and steel toe shoes) and maintain safety and quality processes
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Basic knowledge of automotive assembly, Pneumatic tools and equipment
- Previous experience of print reading and parts identification
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $16 per hour
- Great schedule, First Shift (Monday-Friday 7:00 AM-3:30 PM)
- Health benefits
- Opportunity for advancement
What You’ll do as a Trim Assembler:
- Perform all trim mods and carpeting (-pre and –post cut) of small components
- Using hands tools and power equipment to remove, replace and repair or modify trim parts
- Remove and replace fabrics, vinyl, leathers to replicate factory appearance and make decisions based on best appearance
- Mold and form plastics for the purpose of fitting trim parts
- Sew together fabrics for the purpose of customizing or replicating OEM finish
- Fit trim in vehicles
- Repair and manufacture seat covers
- Refit, align and check window winding mechanisms, door locks and other interior parts
- Waterproof and dustproof vehicles using weather strips and draught sealers
- Remain aware of health and safety issues.
- Maintain effective levels of communication with all functions in the organization
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Assembler position.