Job TitleForklift Operator
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Start your new career as a Material Handler with MAU with AFL Telecommunications in Duncan, SC. Join the team that has been providing industry-leading products and services to the electric utility, broadband, communications, OEM, enterprise, wireless and transit rail markets as well as the emerging markets of oil and gas, mining, nuclear, avionics, medical, renewable and intelligent grid since 1984.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma
- 1 year of related experience on propane forklift
- Leadership experience or qualities in a manufacturing or warehouse environment (preferred)
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficient attention to detail and with error free results
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to demonstrate professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work weekends and overtime as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push, pull, bend, stand and walk for up to 8 hours
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $13 per hour
- Health benefits
- Rotating schedule - Hours (Third Shift, 7:00 PM – 7:00AM) **Training Hours - (7AM-7PM)**
- Opportunity for advancement
What You’ll Do As A Material Handler:
- Handling and transacting of materials and put-up in appropriate storage locations by use of hand-held scanners and manual data entry
- Safe handling and transport of high value, oversized manufactured products using mobile equipment
- Fiber put-up to appropriate inventory locations by use of hand-held scanners and manual data entry
- Support of raw material cycle counts
- Support of raw material supply/demand planning
- Support of incoming/outgoing WOP and WIP goods
- Interaction with multiple organization levels as needed to support warehouse and manufacturing needs
- Cross functional responsibilities to include receiving/inventory control and/or shipping to support the Warehouse/Logistics needs
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Material Handler position.