Job TitleForklift Operator
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Forklift Operator with MAU at Benteler Automotive in Duncan, SC. As a Forklift Operator, you will use material moving equipment such as pallet jacks, forklifts and dollies to transport products and materials to the appropriate location. Benteler Automotive is currently seeking skilled employees looking for an opportunity to grow in a temp-to-hire position.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in production shipping, receiving, and inventory control
- Manufacturing steel environment (preferred)
- Forklift experience required
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply 5S standards to the inventory area
- Simple knowledge of the Metric and Imperial (Fraction & Decimals) systems
- Interpretation of tape measure (English & Metric) and dial/digital calipers
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of handling warehouse material logistic related tasks and safety practices
- Outstanding time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Familiarity of product/parts inspection to ensure quality standards are met
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50lbs. and stand for long periods of time
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $15.50 per hour on A shift and $16.50 per hour on B shift
- Great hours:
- A-Shift, 7:00AM– 7:00 PM
- B-Shift, 7:00 PM – 7:00 AM
- Health Benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Ability to work for a growing company
- Temp-to-hire opportunity
What You’ll Do As A Forklift Operator:
- Operate machinery used in the shipment and receipt of materials
- Prepare & pack completed parts for shipping or staging, to include stacking, packaging, shrink wrapping, and labeling
- Inspect product/parts to ensure quality standards are met
- Load and unload trucks, sort items, and stock shelves
- Participate in improvement activities in the areas of cost reduction, safety, and quality
- Perform other requested duties as required
BENTELER develops solutions that make the difference – for our customers, employees and the society. Continual progress is an integral part of our 140-year success story. We focus on our strengths and strategic initiatives in order to encourage long-term profitability and to secure our company’s continued independence.
Who is MAU?
Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential! MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family, and your future.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the Forklift Operator position.