Job TitleMachine Operator
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Machine Operator with MAU at Carolina Cotton Works in Gaffney, SC. As the Machine Operator, you will be responsible for operating machinery and appropriate record keeping. This is a great opportunity with the Carolina Cotton Works a family owned business since 1995!
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to work in loud, humid areas of the plant during an 8- or 12-hour shift
- Must communicate well with management and operators
- Excellent attention to detail
Must wear required personal protective equipment
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $10.00 to $10.91 per hour
- Health Benefits
- Multiple shifts
- 1st shift
- 3rd shift
What You’ll Do As A Machine Operator:
- Check set-up of machine at the beginning of shift
- Verify dried fabric matches process sheets lot number
- Thread up machine and make necessary adjustments to meet specification
- Monitor appearance of fabric as well as machine operation and notify supervisor of any bad quality or machine malfunction
- Cut samples for lab testing, take shade cuts on dye cloth from each roll
- Record appropriate information on production sheet
- Clean work area and machine at the end of shift or as needed and report any problems to the supervisor
- Check spreaders at the beginning, during, and at the end of the shift for burrs, bad belts and bad rollers
- Place complete lot in the finished goods area for shipping
- Perform any tasks the supervisor deems necessary
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Machine Operator position.