LocationGoose Creek, SC
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as an Assembler with MAU at Pegasus Steel. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1-3 years of experience in medium to heavy assembly/fabrication production environment
- Experience using and basic knowledge of hand tools and measuring devices
- Ability to read blue prints and/or schematic drawings
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $10 - $12 per hour, based on experience (increases to $12 - $15 per hour after full-time placement)
- Health benefits
- Great Hours (First Shift)
- No rotating shifts
- Opportunity for advancement (90-day Temp-to-hire)
What You’ll Do As An Assembler:
- Prepares any assigned machinery for daily usage per assignment received
- Assembles and disassembles all assigned products per work instructions or management directives
- Ensure personal safety and the safety of team members; understand how machines work and how to operate them safely; knowledge of emergency stops; and utilization of personal protective equipment
- Continuously improve job performance through training
- Log in and out of ERP system tracking time to record production and scrap
- Work in team setting to meet objectives of department
- Perform routine cleaning of equipment and general housekeeping at and around workstation
- Inform management of any defected or scrap components through the proper channels
- May assist with training new employees
- Performs other related duties as assigned
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Assembler position.