LocationGoose Creek, SC
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Paint Technician with MAU at Pegasus Steel. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must have 5 years painting experience preferably in a manufacturing/industrial environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in painting on medium to heavy assembly/fabrication items in a production environment
- Experience using and basic knowledge of painting equipment, hand tools, and measuring devices
- Must be able to read blue prints and/or schematic drawings
- Perform basic math calculations and analyze written numerical information
- Ability to read, write, and understand oral and written instructions as well as information gathered from meters, dials, and scales
- Excellent team orientation
- Ability to work Second Shift
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime
- Ability to lift and/or move 50 lbs. independently and maneuver up to 200 lbs.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $16 per hour (pay increases to $19.50 per hour after full-time placement and to $23 per hour after probationary period)
- Health benefits
- No rotating shifts
- Opportunity for advancement (90-day Temp-to-Hire)
What You’ll Do As A Paint Technician:
- Prepares products for application in a safe manner
- Primes surfaces if necessary
- Ensure personal safety; understand how machine and/or tools works and how to operate it safely; knowledge of emergency stops; and utilization of personal protective equipment
- Improve job performance in a continuous manner through experience and training
- Log in and out of ERP system tracking time, production, and scrap of daily performance
- Work in team setting to meet objectives of department
- Perform routine cleaning of equipment, tools, and general housekeeping at and around workstation
- Inform management of any defected or scrap components through the proper channels.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Paint Technician position.