Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career with MAU at General Electric in Greenville, SC. Start your new career as an Mechanical Assembler with MAU Workforce Solutions at GE Power, the world's top gas turbine developer and manufacturer, in Greenville, South Carolina. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Must be willing and available to work 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Minimum of 1-year manufacturing/mechanical experience using electrical and pneumatic hand tools.
- Must possess skills to successfully interpret and execute production using drawings, blue prints, planning, and general methods.
- Possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Be willing to take a drug test & submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Flexible team player who works well with others.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of computer systems.
- Strong work ethic.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Safety mindset.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $17.00 per hour
- Health benefits
- Contract Associate
What You’ll Do As An Mechanical Assembler:
- Must be able to position, erect, adjust, fit components, fabricate conduit/ tubing accessories, and assemble flange to flange piping systems and other components for gas turbine units in a manufacturing facility.
- Duties and job functions include wiring gas turbine units and controls, troubleshooting and correcting problems with wiring connections, and performing hand-machining operations as required.
- Must assemble/disassemble testing equipment and other required components, including gas, air, and hydro connections.
- Duties also require the use of various equipment including assembly stands, fixtures, hand and power tools, miscellaneous pneumatic and electric powered wrenches, sanders, grinders, standard and special mechanical measuring devices, gages, scaffolding, cranes, hoists, fork trucks, scissor lift, ladders, standard and special lifting fixtures and devices, manual and hydraulic conduit and tubing benders, and related shop equipment.
- Candidates must interpret drawings, material lists, wiring lists, diagrams, schematics, planning and methods specifications, and related shop documents.
- Must have the ability to manually lift sub-components and utilize jib, floor crane, hoists, position components and subassemblies, bolting, and torqueing to required arrangement and specifications.
- Make necessary alignment and adjustment, maintaining and recording required Quality Control data.
- Will have ownership of compliance, safety, quality, and productivity in position of responsibilities.
- Must be a flexible team player and participate with problem solving and continuous improvements.
- Must perform other assigned duties as required.
The MAU Greenville location holds walk-in interviews on Mondays only from 9am to 11am and again from 2pm to 4pm. Please ensure you have updated your application before coming in to interview.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Assembler.