Automotive Technician MAU at BMW
Job TitleAutomotive Technician MAU at BMW
Employment TypeContract Associate
Automotive Technician - MAU at BMW
Start your new career as an Automotive Technician with MAU at BMW in Greer, SC. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential for all levels of work. MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family, and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Certified American Standard of Excellence Mechanic (ASE) required (other automotive certifications acceptable).
- One year of continuous Automotive Certified work experience in the last five years.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for 10 to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Prior employment stability.
- Proven mechanical or electrical ability and troubleshooting knowledge.
- Able to follow written work instruction.
- Vehicle inspection experience preferred, but not required.
- Work experience as Mechanical/Electrical Technician required.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Associates at all levels.
- Ability to read and interpret standards.
- Computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) experience preferred, acquired through classroom or work experience.
- Able to disassemble and reassemble (interior/exterior) automotive components.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay $22-$26/hour based on experience
- Multiple Shifts Available (A & B shifts)
- 10 to 12/hr shifts
- Major medical benefits (BlueCross / BlueShield)
- Vacation and Holiday pay
- Life Insurance
- What You'll Do As An Automotive Rework Technician:
- Perform diagnostic troubleshooting of product coming into the work area in time to meet the customer's planned ship date.
- Perform visual inspections of product to verify work has been completed to process Standard.
- Work in a self-directed environment in order to meet team goals of Safety, Quality, Direct Pass, Throughput, Adherence targets.
- Order parts as needed using parts ordering system.
- Proactively learn new processes in order to improve technical skillset.
- Enter and close out work packages in process systems. Allocate parts to work packages as necessary.
- Communicate diagnostic results to area management.
- Other activities as deemed necessary by the Supervisor.
- Ability to work 10 and 12-hour shifts and overtime as needed.
More About BMW- Spartanburg
BMW Spartanburg, SC manufacturing produces the X3 and X5 Sports Activity Vehicle and the X4 and X6 Sports Activity Coupe. The 1,150-acre, over 6-million-square-foot campus, generates its own power, offers an on-site Family Health Center and provides 24-hour security and firefighting personnel.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the MAU at BMW Automotive Technician position.