Mechanical Technician MAU at BMW
Job TitleMechanical Technician MAU at BMW
Employment TypeContract Associate
Mechanical Technician- MAU at BMW
Start your new career as an American Standard of Excellence Certified Mechanical Technician with MAU at BMW in Greer, SC. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential for all levels of work. MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Certified American Standard of Excellence Mechanic
- One year of continuous ASE certified work experience in the last five years
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for 10 to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Prior employment stability
- Proven mechanical or electrical ability and rework knowledge,
- Able to follow written repair process.
- Vehicle inspection experience preferred, but not required
- Work experience as Mechanical/Electrical rework preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Associates at all levels
- Ability to read and interpret standards (BMW Gap plans, ISO, etc.)
- Computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) experience preferred, acquired through classroom or work experience
- Able to disassemble and reassemble (interior/exterior) IP, Carpet, headliner, fenders, bumpers, etc.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Foot-in-the-door with a world-class company
- Multiple Shifts Available
- 10 to 12/hr shifts
- Major medical benefits (BlueCross / BlueShield)
- Vacation and Holiday pay
- Life Insurance
What You'll Do As An American Standard of Excellence Certified Mechanical Technician:
- Perform rework of all defects coming into work area in time to meet the customers planned ship date.
- Perform eye inspection of coworkers work to verify work has been completed to BMW Standard
- Work in a self-directed environment in order to meet team goals of Safety, Quality, Direct Pass, Throughput, F2 Adherence targets.
- Order replacement parts as needed using parts ordering system.
- Proactively learn new processes in order to improve rework skillset
- Enter and close out defects in IPSQ, Allocate parts to defects per IPSQ
- Communicate defects/issues to area management
- Facilitate and support the scrap and reject disposition procedure
- Other activities as deemed necessary by the Section Leader
More About BMW- Spartanburg
BMW Spartanburg, SC manufacturing produces the X3 and X5 Sports Activity Vehicle and the X4 and X6 Sports Activity Coupe. The 1,150-acre, over 6-million-square-foot campus generates its own power, offers an on-site Family Health Center and provides 24-hour security and firefighting personnel.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the MAU at BMW Mechanical Technician position.