Job TitleMachine Operator
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career with MAU at a global manufacturer of textile goods in Johnston, SC at Milliken. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering full-time employment within as little as 90 to 180 days of hire. As the Machine Operator, you will inspect products to ensure that specifications are met and to determine if machines need adjustment. This is a Temp-to-Hire position.
What We Are Looking For:
High School Diploma or GED (preferred)
Manufacturing experience (preferred)
Must function effectively both independently and in a team environment
Positive attitude & good work ethic
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Proactive, self-motivated, and strong ability to multitask
- Basic mathematical, reading, and communication skills
- Good hand eye coordination
- Ability to:
- Work a flexible schedule including rotating shifts of 8-12 hours in duration
- Lift up to 25 lbs. when performing specific job tasks
- Work in a fast pace environment
- Work weekends and overtime as required
What We Offer:
- Pay progression:
- Support Operator starts $10.95
- Senior Operator starts $11.27
- Step qualification pay progression up to $19
- Attendance Incentive
- Health benefits
- Holiday Pay
- Temp-to-Hire after 90 days
What You’ll Do As A Machine Operator:
- Inspect products to ensure that specifications are met and to determine if machines need adjustment
- Set up and operate textile machines that perform weaving operations
- Examine looms to determine causes of loom stoppage, such as warp filling, harness breaks, or mechanical defects
- Clean and doff weave machines
- Observe woven cloth to detect weaving defects
- Remove defects in cloth by cutting and pulling out filling
For 150 years, Milliken has been innovating with the purpose to explore, discover and create ways to enhance people's lives. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines, including chemical, floor covering and performance materials, Milliken works around the world every day to add true value to people's lives, improve health and safety, and help make this world more sustainable.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Machine Operator position.
ADA: The client will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.