Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as an Electromechanical Assembler with MAU at AHT in Charleston, SC. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must be able to work overtime
- Ability to use basic hand and power tools
- Ability to read, understand basic documents, drawings, diagrams
- Must be capable of troubleshooting, testing and repairing components
- Familiarity with Lean concepts highly desirable
- Working knowledge of ISO preferred
- Ability to perform general administrative activities including, but not limited to: copying, filing, delivering documents, and attending meetings within the facility, etc.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite programs including Excel and Word and email systems
- Previous start-up experience preferred
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $14 per hour
- Health benefits
- Great Hours (First Shift, Monday - Friday 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM)
- No rotating shifts
- This is a Temporary to Permanent position
What You’ll Do As An Electromechanical Assembler:
- Assemble, test, troubleshoot and inspect parts and subassemblies, to ensure performance meets specifications by utilizing appropriate work instructions, visual inspections, testing or measuring devices, or other tools and fixtures
- Completes appropriate documents and records required with the process
- Maintain required inventory of parts, assemblies by utilizing inventory control methods appropriate inventory methods
- Installing, un-installing, and transporting of equipment for assembly, testing, and packaging
- Analyzes and resolves assembly/testing problems, requests assistance from supervisor and quality as needed to solve problems
- Perform required equipment PM (Preventive Maintenance) and tool inspections in assigned area
- Perform continuous improvement activities, suggests changes to increase efficiency and/or quality of the product and/or the department
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area using techniques like 5s and standard work
- Understand and apply all safety measures associated with assigned work, such as eye protection, electrical safety, power tool safety, safe lifting practices, and reporting all unsafe conditions to a supervisor
- As required, assist in other departments
- Perform other duties as assigned
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Electromechanical Assembler position.