Yard Truck Driver
LocationMount Pleasant, SC
Job TitleYard Truck Driver
Employment TypeContract Associate
Yard Truck Driver
Start your new career with MAU at South Carolina State Ports Authority in Charleston, SC. One of South Carolina’s Leading Company! As a Yard Truck Driver you will operate container handling equipment on Authority property to facilitate container yard, rail, and/or vessel operations.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Must have valid SC Driver’s License
- Ability to work in non-climate control environment
- Must have a TWIC card
- CDL (preferred)
- Ability to bend, lift heavy equipment, climb two story rail cars
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to Operate in busy congested area
- Excellent attendance
- Ability to work flexible schedules
What We Offer:
- Starting pay $16 an hour
- Health benefits
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Great work environment
What You’ll Do as a Yard Truck Driver:
- Locate and handle chassis and containers as directed to facilitate safe operations, utilizing effective yard management strategy
- Operate Yard Truck equipment to transport materials between loading, processing, and storage areas
- Inspect and report condition of container handling equipment for safety and maintenance
- Develop and improve operating skills in container handling equipment in production environment with little or no supervision
- Fuel equipment when required/directed
- Other duties as assigned
All Applicants must submit to a background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the Yard Truck Driver.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities encouraged to apply.