LocationNorth Charleston, SC
Job TitleBlender Operator
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Blender Operator with MAU at Amalie Oil in North Charleston, SC. As a Blender Operator, you will operate the pump and metering system to achieve accurate blends per request, as well as the loading and offloading of railcars and trucks. You will also regular gauging of tanks and obtain samples.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma
- Previous knowledge of a blending process and the lubricants industry
- Some past mechanical or blending experience (preferred)
- Have extensive knowledge of blending process and the lubricants industry
- Ability to stand 6-8 hours, able to use stairs, lift up to 50 lbs.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $15 - $20 per hour
- Health Benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Opportunity for Advancement
- On-the-job training
- Great hours
- 5:00 AM – 1:30 PM
- Overtime available
What You’ll Do As A Blender Operator:
- Perform daily gauges on tanks to calculate volumes by API gravities and measurements
- Operate multiple pumps, meters, and steam valves to properly blend products in designated tanks
- Properly chose tanks for blending based on provided compatibility charts, tank sizes, and tank drain capabilities
- Provide preference information for the spotting of railcars according to loading and offloading capabilities
- Load and offload railcars to designated tanks
- Operate multiple truck racks to load trucks by weight using provided API information
- Heat, dump and kettle blend drummed additives in additive shed for specific blends as requested by meter and pump operator in compounding
- Connect and disconnect of hoses in various pump rooms in order to achieve blends in proper tanks
- Shoot air or pigs through lines in order to properly clear the lines of product and save product loss through clingage
- Perform other related duties as requested
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Blender Operator position.