Showa Denko Carbon - Production Worker
Job TitleShowa Denko Carbon - Production Worker
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Production Worker with MAU at Showa Denko in Ridgeville, SC. MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. Join the MAU team as a Production Worker at a large manufacturing site that produces carbon electrodes.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to work rotating shifts (including weekends and overtime)
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled manufacturing environment. Seasonal temperatures may be extreme at times including excessive heat or cold. Work area is often dusty and dirty due to the concrete materials required for production.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- 2 years of heavy machinery experience strongly preferred (including forklift and overhead crane)
- Work keys Required: Applied Math (level 3), Locating Info (level 4), Reading for Info (level 3) and Observation (level 4)
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $15.15 per hour
- Health benefits
- Employee Engagement Award Program with a $250 prize
- Ability to secure a full-time regular job with Showa Denko
What You’ll Do As A Production Worker:
- Operating on equipment including: bulk material receiving track mobiles, crushing and conveying equipment, jib cranes, radio-controlled overhead cranes, large shot blast and end-facing machines, process control panels and data input term
- Lift, push, and/or pull of 50-75 lbs. continuously
- Stand for at least 12 hours continuously
- Abide by all safety standard operating processes including the use of PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and gloves)
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the Production Worker position.